SWIRL Mastercard FAQs
SWIRL Card is a prepaid MasterCard that will let you top up and make payments online, in store and withdraw cash from over 30 million locations worldwide. Learn more here
Alternatively, you can text "PINCODE" followed by the last 4 digits of your customer number to 51155 and your code will be sent to you by text.
Your card can be used at over 30 million locations worldwide ! This includes online, in stores and at ATMs.
Some merchants are excluded for regulatory reasons based on their merchant code. These include:
- Money Transfer Sites
- Prepay/pay at pump fuel dispensers
- "Quasi Cash Merchants" such as Coinbase, Binance etc
- US basedGambling/Gaming sites
- Video entertainment rental Stores
You may also experience difficulty using your card in the following countries/territories:
Sudan, Syria, North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Burundi, Central African Republic, China, Crimea, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guinea, Guinea – Bissau, Haiti, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Palestine, Qatar, Russia, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Tunisia, Ukraine, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe
- Log in to your Swirl account online or in the Swirl app.
- Select "Top up Via Bank transfer" from the menu if you are on the website or choose "services and reveal IBAN" in the app.
- Use your unique IBAN details to set up your bank transfer or provide these details to the party sending your payment.
- You'll receive an e-mail once your funds are loaded to your card.
*The total loading limit per individual is €2,500 (€25,000 for certified customers), regardless of how many cards you have. You cannot exceed this limit by registering and upgrading multiple cards in your name.
As long as you are over 16 years of age and are resident in Ireland, you can register a card. You won't need to fill in any lengthy forms or provide any documents when ordering or purchasing a card in store or ordering from swirlcard.com
In some instances, we may require a copy of ID, proof of address or proof of your source of funds